Search This Blog

Monday, March 30, 2015

March 31 "For Whom Do I Weep?" I Samuel 15-17

It is the words of God:
People look on the outward appearance.
God looks at their hearts.
I Samuel 16:7.
So, if my heart is right, as best I know,
why would I care about the thoughts of another?

Someone has taken something dear away from me.
May I be ever true to obey my God and let go.

"Does the Lord delight in sacrifice
as much as in obeying?" I Sam 15:22

Those are the words of Samuel.
The one who cried out all night over Saul's disobedience.
You know, the bleating of sheep.
Do I weep like that for my children, my family, my life?
Myself?

DEAR GOD, PLEASE CHANGE ME THIS DAY IN ONE OF THESE 10,000 MOMENTS:  You delight in obedience from my heart not from my thoughts---no more pulling myself up from the bootstraps; no more sealing my lips; no more living by checkmarks; no more longing for what this world offers; no more living by principles over love.  Please change me, O God!

PHOTO:

No comments:

Post a Comment