Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17 "Pay Attention to Yourself " I Timothy 3, 4

I Tim 4:12-16 Let no man despise your youth; but be an example to those who believe, in word, in your way of life, in love, in spirit, in faith, and in purity. Until I come, pay attention to reading, to exhortation, and to teaching. Don’t neglect the gift that is in you, which was given to you by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the elders. Be diligent in these things. Give yourself wholly to them, that your progress may be revealed to all. Pay attention to yourself, and to your teaching. Continue in these things, for in doing this you will save both yourself and those who hear you. 

What is the point here. 
Pay attention to reading, exhortation, teaching. 
Don't neglect the gift. 
Be diligent. 
Give yourself wholly. 
Pay attention to yourself, to your teaching. 

There is no more significant hour than right- now. 

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Thousands of years ago, You told us "pay attention to yourself."  Father, what happened to us?  We are a people who do not listen; who weigh not the words about our lives; who live detached from the reality of how we come across.  How will we know if we do not pay attention to what we are reading, hearing, teaching, saying.  Oh Father, help us!

PHOTO:  It used to be a dump.  Now, it's a landmark.  What happened.  People cared.  They paid attention.  Do I really know how I am coming across to people every day?  

8 comments:

  1. Dear pearls, Mike and I need your prayers, I can't mention the specifics on the internet

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying. Pray each time I see a post on Face Book. Will ratchet it up some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan, so sorry you are going through difficulty. I will pray right now for you.

    Gracious Lord.

    We thank you for Jan and Mike and their lives as testimony to Your Goodness and Grace. You watch them night and day and shield them with the shelter of Your Wing. Thank You that Your Arm is not too short to save us all each day.

    We ask that You cover Jan and Mike and their family with blessings of health, joy, prosperity and peace. Bless every area of their lives and specifically where they need Your help this day.

    You alone are our Hope. Thank You for this season of expectation as wait Your return. In the meantime, keep us all safe in Your Will, Your tender care.

    In the Name of our sweet Savior Jesus,
    Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you decided what you are doing for 2015? I have struggled reading on my own and may join again for accountability.

    I hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jan! Praying for you this sultry night in Texas. Dark and damp over here. And my own heart stands still in a little suffering. So, I'm stirred to pray for you and all that concerns you. Sometimes, I just wonder what is really going on. Convinced more than ever that even in all this suffering, God is moving to Good. Goodness wins. I put a little prayer band on my arm and will remember to pray for you this weekend. I won't take it off. Let us hear how you are doing. We care! Thank you for asking. We all need prayer---that's what the Bible said yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Michelle! I was wondering about you tonight! Then I saw this. Yes, I'll be here come 2015 cause I just can't stop doing this. I still feel like I'm reading the Bible for the first time. It is so alive to me. I'm in awe. And I'm in the midst of some super hard things for me. And I'm an example of nothing. I just cannot stop doing this---at this time. I'll be back every day next year. Still trying to think through a theme or something. I just love doing this Word of God that counsels me every day of my life. Would love for you to do it with me.

    ReplyDelete