Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

November 19 "Hold Firmly to the Word Preached" I Corinthians 15

I die daily.
If the dead are not raised, then let us eat and drink for tomorrow we die.
Don't be deceived.
Wake up.
Wake up righteously. I Cor 15:34

Behold, I tell you a mystery.
We will all be changed. I Cor 15:51
In a moment.
In the twinkling of an eye.
At the last trumpet.
For the trumpet will sound and the dead will be raised incorruptible.

But til that day,
By the grace of God, I am what I am.
Whatever past I breathed.
A child born at the wrong time. I Cor 15:8
The least.

And so, we preach.
And so, we stand.
And so, we hold firmly to the Word preached.
In pain and in prayers.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
This is a difficult time for me.  Paul Tripp said this morning "There is never a time when you need to be surrounded by voices who preach to you the Gospel more than when suffering has entered your door."  Oh! Light of my Life! You sustain us all but never suspend Your grace.  Never disqualified.

PHOTO:  Oh! Ancient of Days! Photo Credit to:  Free Christian Images.  "Ancient of Days" Painting by William Blake

6 comments:

  1. Made it safely to Kansas City to await the birth of a baby---my daughter's first and our grandchild first. I think it might be like today or tomorrow. She's a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that I Cor 15:2 - Hold firmly to what you heard last Sunday and the one before and the one before. And if you're not going, find that Word to hold on to. In pain and prayers---I am so holding on and celebrating. This Word is so alive and beautiful and powerful and present. So, live steadfast. Immovable. Abounding in God's Word - I Cor 15:58

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your daughter and granddaughter. I pray for your new role as a grandmother. You are such a lovely person, and so in love with God and your family. Welcome to grandparenthood.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for a healthy delivery for your baby girl! Such joy awaits you. Love and hugs! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are in for a definite treat. You will think you have gone to the moon and back and will think that no one else in the universe has as beautiful grandchild as you do.

    ReplyDelete