Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

November 27 "Waging War" 2 Corinthians 10

It's a Beautiful Thanksgiving Day.
I'm more aware of what stirs in me that is not right, not thoughts my God wants me to know.
And the enemies of my soul seem to be very aware---they consider me walking according to the flesh---2 Cor 10:2.  And I stand showing courage with confidence and I intend to live very bold before them, before you.  Even knowing what stirs in my heart---for I will wrestle with what is true.  I will find my God in even this.  I already have in so many ways. And we do not wage war according to the flesh.  I'm dealing with this according to this Beautiful Written Word.

Mighty before God.
Throwing down strongholds.
Throwing down imaginations.
Every lofty thing exalted against the Knowledge of God.
Bringing every thought captive. 2 Cor 10:5

So, how in the world do you do that?
"Do you look at things only as they appear in front of your face?" 2 Cor 10:8
Consider this.
And let us boast in the Lord.
For He has done great things in us and through us.
And He will never stop.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Dear Father, We must hold low thoughts of ourselves, humble lives, aware of our infirmities, so aware.  Our work is a spiritual warfare not fought in our flesh.  Help me not to look at things today only as they appear in front of my face.  For they will.  It is your Word that gains the victory.  "Observe the conquest the Word of God gains.  The appointed means, however feeble they appear to some, will be mighty through God." (M.Henry).  And this preaching of the Cross of Christ----always "fatal to idolatry, impiety, and wickedness." And let it start with me today.

PHOTO:A newborn. A fresh face of God. No worries. No cares. Yet this little life will wrestle with things of God. May all of us wage war not in our flesh but in our spirits. 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful precious face. Love all of the pictures on Face Book. So thankful with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's perfect! Happy Thanksgiving, Pearls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And a very Happy Thanksgiving to each of you! It is such a joy to have conversations with you all that really matter. Can't say how much I am grateful for the ways you all handle this Word of God. So real. So genuine. So true. It's such a joy for me to read your words, your heart over these past years. Sending up prayers of gratitude for you all.

    ReplyDelete