Search This Blog

Saturday, October 18, 2014

October 19 "Wrestle Well" Acts 12, 13

I
Confronted. 
Called the "enemy of everything." 
Elymas. Acts 13:10
Even adamant procounsels bow.

Just like David and all who have gone before. We are called to serve God's purpose in our generation. And it just may mean in widespread view or obscurity. Acts 13:36. What's wrong with leading ordinary lives? Wrestling lives.  We live in such a celebrity world. We are here to leave our mark for Him. 

God has made us a light in the places where we dwell. Acts 13:47. So what about the dark places in my heart. Am I wanting something here that God has not seen fit ever to provide. The disciples were persecuted. I'm not close to that kind of status. But they went away in joy, rejoicing. What's going on in my life?

COME BOLDLY: Timeless Prayers
Dear Father, May the Word spread with adhesive to our own hearts. 

PHOTO:  The Hill Country today. Praying for a spreading of Grace on this fractured heart of mine. 


2 comments:

  1. And when the Gentiles heard this, they began rejoicing and glorifying the word of the Lord, and as many as were appointed to eternal life believed. And the word of the Lord was spreading throughout the whole region.

    Lord, I pray for Your Word to spread around the world and lost souls to come into the Kingdom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our pastor mentioned "spreading" from Acts in his sermon today. Been thinking so much of spreading in me, spreading in my family, spreading in this world of ours. May the Word spread seamlessly and smoothly in what we face.

    ReplyDelete