Search This Blog

Sunday, September 21, 2014

September 21 "Overtaken" Zechariah 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Zechariah 1:6 - Did the Word of God overtake you?

"We must allow the Word of God to confront us, to disturb our security, to undermine our complacency and to overthrow our patterns of thought and behavior."John Stott

Overtaken. 

And it is in the sheer silence of the Word of Gos that the full voice of God is heard. When we love for another world. When we come round the corner on love. 

Come boldly: Timeless Prayers
Father, may your Word reveal the true intentions of your heart. That Your Word may be our life. Deut 32:47. 

PHOTO:  On Walden's Pond today wondering about 

1 comment:

  1. So much in today's reading, I think what stands out the most is from chapter 1, beginning with verse 2:


    2 “The Lord was very angry with your fathers. 3 Therefore say to them, Thus declares the Lord of hosts: Return to me, says the Lord of hosts, and I will return to you, says the Lord of hosts. 4 Do not be like your fathers, to whom the former prophets cried out, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts, Return from your evil ways and from your evil deeds.’ But they did not hear or pay attention to me, declares the Lord. 5 Your fathers, where are they? And the prophets, do they live forever? 6 But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my servants the prophets, did they not overtake your fathers? So they repented and said, ‘As the Lord of hosts purposed to deal with us for our ways and deeds, so has he dealt with us.’”


    The Word of the Lord is alive and active, I want it to fall afresh on my each day, showing me where I have grown cold, complacent, apathetic, and otherwise sinful.

    ReplyDelete