Search This Blog

Monday, August 25, 2014

August 25 "Our Hearts Must Go With Our Prayers" Lamentations 1, 2, 3

Jerusalem, oh Jerusalem. Such a sad verse. The lonely city sitting in her sin. Jerusalem now a captive not because of her greatness of glory but her greatness of sin. Our God has delivered us from the domain of darkness and transferred us into the Kingdom of His Son. We do not need to live in sin and darkness. This very sad condition holds hope. And Jerusalem acknowledges her sins and looks to God to look upon her case. So often, we blame others for what is happening to us. Our complaints must go to God. "Remember my affliction, my weaknesses.... Our hearts must go with our prayers."

Oh, my soul, remember from where I have come.

Am I bowed down on the inside?

"But this I call to mind,

and therefore I have hope:

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;

his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning;

great is your faithfulness.

“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,

“therefore I will hope in him.”

Can I say that this morning? The Lord is my portion.

The Lord is good to those who wait for him,

to the soul who seeks him.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers 
Oh, Father, You say in these verses that You are good to those who wait for You, to the soul who seeks You.  Please help us this day live for no other way.  May our current afflictions make us humble and serious about You.  Oh, that we may send our thoughts and requests to You and seek You.  And that our children seek You.  

PHOTO:  

1 comment:

  1. Today's reading could so easily be America sinned grievously or Annette sinned grievously...

    Lord, May be earnestly seek You, never playing the blame game, praying continuously for our leaders and fellow Americans to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior and that we all abide in You. In Jesus' Name I pray.

    ReplyDelete