Search This Blog

Thursday, April 24, 2014

April 24 "Dig A Well. Pray Down the Rain" Psalms 43, 44, 45, 49, 84,85, 87


Why do I fear in times of trouble? The sin of those who cheat me surrounds me. Psalm 49:5
I am afraid that they won't change soon enough.
I am afraid that they will get off without any verdict.
They'll be passed over while I'm diligently working.

My situation shouts to the cheaters whose sins bump up against mine this day.
Maybe, they have wealth and can ease their way through.
Blessed are those whose strength is in God, not in their wealth or position or ease.

Where is my own heart this day? A highway to God?
The psalmist's heart was set on God, set on a pilgrimage.
"The very map to Jerusalem was written on that heart.
His Love for God and for His house helped him make right decisions in life so that he did not go astray.

...The Valley of Baca is a name for any difficult and painful place in life,
where everything seems hopeless and you feel helpless, like the pit of despair." W. Wiersbe
The people who love God expect to pass through this valley and not remain there.

"They dig a well."

"They pray down the rain." W.W.

"They go from strength to strength." Trusting God no matter what.  Psalm 84

PHOTO:  It's the street where they live.  Bob's dad.  Bob's sister and family.  Knock-dead view of Mount Rainier.  Where you don't have to pray the rain down.  It falls just about every day.  Where you live from strength to strength.



and to  

2 comments:

  1. God, I pray I trust in You and You alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever I get down, I list things I am thankful for. I listed a few in my prayer for today.

    Dear God,
    I thank you for the every breath I take.
    I thank you for a sound mind and body.
    I thank you for hands that work, to feed myself, to help others, to feel cold and heat, paint, knit, hold a book, type on a computer, to do laundry, and cook food you have provided for my family.
    I thank you for feet that take me on walks, and get me to work and up and down stairs, and that enable me to use the gas and brake pedals on the vehicle you have blessed me with.
    I thank you for the senses of sight, smell, taste, touch and hearing. So many things, I take for granted, yet if I lost any of these gifts, I would deeply feel their loss.
    I rejoice in your gracious abundance and ask that you would show me how to use these gifts to glorify you today.
    Amen

    ReplyDelete