Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

April 23 "A Sovereign Word Calling Me" I Chronicles 1-2


We are all created by one God from one man, Adam. Remarkable. 
Today, we join scores of men and women who have faced life, 
as we do this day, and tried to spend it the best they could. 
I Chronicles 1. Are we giving our best this day? 
How can I speak into this world of mine---this day, 
where there is staggering sarcasm and demesne distance. 
No temptation overtakes you except what is common to man. 

Some quit. Some conquered. Some quietly blipped on the earth.  So many have gone before us---a little more than all who are alive today.  Think about those who have gone before us. Think about David, Samuel, Saul. How do I want to live in light of what I know, in light of what my heart yearns for. What do I want someone to know about me?  How will I fit in God's Genealogy.

We are all on common ground. Holy Ground. No big people and no little people in this celebrity society where we walk.  But that's not what my world tells me, every day.  And what do we do with this LORD Whom we silently hear. Whom we see like a gossamer, such a fine piece of Silk. Whom we glimpse in a becoming beautiful world.  Whom we forget about and can't live without.  Whom we know is disrupting our personal world for such Good.

All that is truly valuable consists of favor, peace, and a life spent to His Glory, promoting others and their welfare---not our own. Matthew Henry
    #genealogy

    COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
    Dear Father, Some days I feel so invisible.  May I not choose to live this day by how others treat me but by how You love me.  Make me care more about Your Sovereign Word calling my name than I care about this world naming me a lasting legacy.  In the genealogy of this day, may we see history so much clearer and purer and kinder.  Imbued with Grace.

    PHOTO:  I kneel alone on this beach. No, Never Alone. And I pray for clarity in the midst of chaos. It's rather small suffering in the scheme of things.  But it is oh-so-real in my life.  And I have to let things go.  I trust.  And on the other hand, I'm thunderstruck with a God Who has done beyond all words for me.  And is doing!

    5 comments:

    1. Annette, did you see your fig tree on April 21st? The beauty that surrounds you is such a gift.

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. 2 These are the sons of Israel: Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Issachar, Zebulun, 2 Dan, Joseph, Benjamin, Naphtali, Gad, and Asher. 3 The sons of Judah: Er, Onan and Shelah; these three Bath-shua the Canaanite bore to him. Now Er, Judah's firstborn, was evil in the sight of the Lord, and he put him to death. 4 His daughter-in-law Tamar also bore him Perez and Zerah. Judah had five sons in all.

        Delete
      2. Just noticed that Tamar bore Judah 2 sons, did he take her as wife after he thought she was a prostitute?

        Delete
    2. That was MY fig tree? I love it. It's almost that time again. You will have to visit. We will have berries in about a week. And when the figs come in a little later, we'll have to enjoy some together!

      ReplyDelete