Search This Blog

Friday, April 18, 2014

April 18 "The Upholder of My Life" Psalms 17, 35, 54, 63


God is the Upholder of My Life - Psalm 54:4
His Right Hand upholds me - Psalm 63:8
So many things have happened.
I am grasped.
I am upheld.
I am loved.
I am free.
I am His.
I AM.

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;
my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry, weary land where there's no water.

One word jumps off the page in...Psalm 63:1-2.
                  Earnestly.
Will I live this day earnestly?
Marked by true sincerity, and deep seriousness.

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers:  
May we allow the Ruler of the Universe to rule over this day.
May we not take matters into our own hands.  Help us unfold these moments in trust.
Mark each of us this season of thirst where there is no water.  

PHOTO:  This photo was taken 32,000 feet in the air over Texas.  This I know, God is for me.  He is the Upholder of my life.  More convinced than ever even when the circumstances do not match up with what I hoped.  My gladness is deep in this poverty in which I sit.

4 comments:

  1. Your photo today made me think of Easter! And what an amazing photo for Good Friday and the upcoming Easter Day...it makes me think of the resurrection; and Christ coming for us soon. Wait and pray, today lives are being changed.

    Please remember my daughter, April and the family of Andrew T. April called me last night, almost unable to speak. One of her fellow orchestra students (Andrew) committed suicide.
    I can't help but compare both deaths as I prepare my heart for this day. One, the son of God, willingly gave his life for sin. One, a tortured soul, gave his life for no good reason.
    Please pray for all the hurting souls today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry, Jan. The highest highs and the lowest lows side by side. Praying for your family.

      Delete
  2. Oh Dear Jan!!! Praying for your girl and the family of this precious boy this Easter weekend. That is so very sad. No Words adequate. Roman 8:26.

    ReplyDelete