Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

April 16 "God Is For Me" Psalm 56, 120, 140-142

In the wee hours of the morning, when we toss-and-turn, when our thoughts burn bright/loom dim, when no one answers us back---it is that moment and every moment that our God sees us, knows our way.

"You have kept count of my tossings;
put my tears in your bottle.
Are they not in your book?
This I know, that God is for me."  Psa 56:9

I read these salty words sandwiched in at Which 'Wich.  My tears flow unexpected when my eyes land on nine.  God is for me.  Even in this in which I sit, smothered and serene.  Because as someone said on the internet on Sunday, it's like a "sad celebration"---sad over the scintillating sin in my life; glad over the unspeakable joy in calling on God and He is answering:  He is for me!  And His Good Plan is unfolding the apron of my life.  Somehow.  Can't explain it.  My Hope lies in nothing/No One else.  I know!  My God is for me!  And it's not about figuring all this present stuff out.  It is all about belief and surrender and rest.  

It is such a joy to live out with all of you the hard things that life requires of every one of us.  People look good on the outside.  But what are we doing with what wrestles inside of us?  

We cling to You, O God!  The Great I AM.  
Otherwise, we shape You into what I WANT you to be.  
I AM or i want.  

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Father, May all that we face this day make us stronger, dependent, holding fast to You.  Our tears, our brokenness, our failures, our joys, our doubts, our tremblings, our faith.  Make new Light appear in any darkness; make the light shine brighter in any trust we show.  Thank You from the bottom of our hearts for Psalm 56:9 ~ that You are for me!

PHOTO:  Sunset in a Desert in my own life.  Thinking about David's sunset spent in such sorrow.  And how this young man fell forward on a Good God Who knew his way.  David knew God was for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment