Search This Blog

Sunday, April 13, 2014

April 13 "Divine Grace At Work" I Samuel 18-20; Psalm 11, 59

A dad has a javelin in his hand.
A son has a harp in his hand.
What's in my hand?

Immediately David faces difficult times with Saul because he was victorious.
"Saul struck down his thousands, and David his ten thousands." I Sam 18:7.
Too much for Saul!  "Saul eyed David from that day on?"
And I saw it happen---I "eyed" someone this weekend.  Where do I go? To my knees.

Meanwhile Divine Grace is at work in David and me and you.
And David turns to God. I Sam 18:1 ~ "The soul of Jonathan was knit to the soul of David."
Jonathan loved David as his own soul.
This one heart and one soul can only come from God---he makes us overlook the sins of that person:  "carnal matters are too weak to separate them." Love covers a multitude of sins.  Can we find this place with our own parents and husbands and children?

COME BOLDLY:  Timeless Prayers
Father, I Cor 2:3-4, In all our weakness and simplicity and lack of gifting, would you please demonstrate Your Power, Your Divine Grace all over our lives.  Father, help us this day to be real with ourselves because You are very near.  We thank You for Great Proof of Your Power and Divine Grace in David and in each of us.  We can bear whatever we face; we can humble ourselves in how we are treated; we can fight where we are weak and struggling---by Your Divine Power. In You, I take Refuge, no flight, no fear beyond measure ~ Psalm 11:1.  Your Eyes see ~ Psalm 11:4.  Under Grace.  "The God Who shows me Steadfast Love," no matter what! Psalm 59:17

PHOTO: A swarm of stars.  Doesn't just happen.  A cosmic gallery.  Light years away.
Photo Credit: The Smithsonian Institute captured it on their Chandra telescope.  No known copyright.  

No comments:

Post a Comment